Monday, January 4, 2010

Build GTK-gnutella on Debian 3.1 Sarge

I keep writing about Debian 3.1 Sarge which is an outdated release. Yet, Debian Sarge has some historical values. I use Sarge as the minimum base for my Internet computer. Today, I compiled GTK-gnutella on Debian Sarge. For preparation, I installed the following packages:



  • gcc
  • make
  • zlib1g-dev
  • libxml2-dev
  • libgtk2.0-dev


GTK-gnutella depends on GNUtls library for secure communication. I downloaded and compiled libgpg-error, libgcrypt, libtasn and gnutls in the order. They all have the same procedure.



./configure --build=i586-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --disable-shared
make
make install


Then, I unpacked gtk-gnutella source and configured it.


./Configure


Since I built gnutls statically, I had to modify src/Makefile slightly.


GNUTLS_LDFLAGS = -lgnutls -ltasn1 -lgcrypt -lgpg-error


I started compilation.



make
make install


The resulting executable depends on gtk+ 2.0 and libxml2 externally and works on Sarge, Etch, Lenny and Sid all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,your blog is very well organized keep it like that
    your friend

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger