Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fixing Jittery DVD Sound on Windows 7

I've been using Windows 7 happily until I played a DVD movie and heard continuous jittery noise. The picture was fine, but Windows Media Player 12 only uttered the jittery noise instead of words and music.


I think it's a codec problem. To fix the problem, I downloaded Preferred Filter Tweaker for Windows 7 and disabled Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.




This renames C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2adec.dll so that Windows Media Player 12 doesn't use its own codec. Then, I installed AC3Filter. This fixed the jittery noise problem. Alternatively, ffdshow can be used instead of AC3Filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger