Tuesday, April 21, 2009

List of Things to Compile for my Linux system

As my favorite Linux system keeps evolving, I need to maintain a healthy, lean system and also compile optimized binaries from time to time. There are two main reasons why we compile in Linux. First, the distro doesn't provide the package we want, or the distro provides an old or broken version of the package. Second, we want to install an optimized, custom program. In either case, you may find compiling fun as I do. The following is a list of things that I usually compile for my Linux system.




  • aria2
  • faac
  • gstreamer-lame
  • icewm
  • kernel
  • lame
  • mldonkey
  • mplayer
  • ogmrip
  • pekwm
  • shrip
  • unikey
  • x264
  • xlockmore
  • xvidcore

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger