Monday, December 28, 2009

Linux: To Compile wpa_supplicant on Debian 3.1 Sarge

I was using good old Debian Linux 3.1 Sarge when I found out Sarge's wpasupplicant couldn't work well with ndiswrapper-supported Windows network drivers. So I set out to compile wpa_supplicant on my own. First, I installed the following development packages.



  • gcc-3.4
  • libssl0.9.7
  • make


Then, I downloaded the wpa_supplicant source (wpa_supplicant-0.6.9.tar.gz) from http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant. I unpacked the source and read the README files.



tar xzvf wpa_supplicant-0.6.9.tar.gz
cd wpa_supplicant-0.6.9/wpa_supplicant


I went into the wpa_supplicant subfolder and created .config to customize my build. The following is the contents of my .config:



CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXTENSION=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_ATMEL=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_WEXT=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_RALINK=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_IPW=y
CONFIG_IEEE8021X_EAPOL=y
CONFIG_EAP_MD5=y
CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y
CONFIG_EAP_TLS=y
CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y
CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=y
CONFIG_EAP_GTC=y
CONFIG_EAP_OTP=y
CONFIG_EAP_SIM=y
CONFIG_EAP_AKA=y
CONFIG_EAP_PSK=y
CONFIG_EAP_SAKE=y
CONFIG_EAP_GPSK=y
CONFIG_EAP_PAX=y
CONFIG_EAP_LEAP=y
CONFIG_EAP_IKEV2=y
CONFIG_EAP=y
CONFIG_WPS=y


Then, I began compilation by running make.


make


The compilation was successful. I installed wpa_supplicant with the following command.



make install


The following files are copied to the system.



/usr/local/sbin/wpa_supplicant
/usr/local/sbin/wpa_passphrase
/usr/local/sbin/wpa_cli

2 comments:

  1. Hi !
    Do you use WPS ? (seen in your .config)

    What is your wireless NIC card ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    No, I don't use WPS.

    I have many wireless NIC cards, including Atheros AR9285, AirLink AWLL3026, Belkin F5D7050 and Belkin F5D8053.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger