Sunday, July 12, 2009

MinGW, Cygwin: Building GNU Bash 4

Using MinGW and Cygwin in Windows ME, I kept getting the same errors:


[main] sh fork: child -1 died waiting for longjmp before initialization

sh fork: resource temporarily unavailable

I have no clue what causes this problem. I just hope that building GNU bash myself would solve this problem. So I downloaded the source for GNU Bash 4.0. Before beginning bash compilation, I made sure zlib, libiconv and gettext were all installed. To see how I compiled these 3 libraries, read the beginning of this post.



Then, I configured bash:


./configure --prefix=/ --enable-alias --enable-arith-for-command --enable-array-variables --enable-brace-expansion --enable-casemod-attributes --enable-casemod-expansions --enable-command-timing --enable-help-builtin --enable-history --enable-job-control --enable-multibyte --enable-prompt-string-decoding --enable-readline --disable-nls

make

make install

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger