Sunday, October 18, 2009

Setting Up Windows 7 on Compaq Presario V5306US

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my old Compaq Presario V5306US notebook. Installation went without a problem, but 3 hardware components were not detected. They are:


  • ATI Mobility RADEON XPRESS X200M Series

  • In-Build Conexant ATI AC '97 Modem

  • HP Quick Launch Buttons


Since both of the built-in Ethernet and wireless network adapters are detected by Windows 7, I started Windows Update and installed the display driver through Windows Update. Drivers for the modem and quick launch buttons can be downloaded from HP/Compaq support site. For the quick launch buttons, extract the package with 7-zip and only install the driver.

The following pictures are taken from the device manager that list devices available in Compaq Presario V5306US.








3 comments:

  1. Hi, someone just gave me this same exact laptop. I was thinking about putting Windows 7 on it, just as you did. I was hoping that you might be able to answer a couple of questions before i do. What was the performance like? What it sluggish? Also, is this computer still working now? Thanks for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, rockinfarmer

    The performance was acceptable when Windows 7 was installed on this laptop. But I recall I was unable to get Aero visual effects working. Before I could test it further, I reinstalled Windows XP on the laptop and sold it. I hear from the buyer that the laptop is still working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenjoey,

    Thanks for the reply and also for telling me about your experience. I think i'm going to try to install one of the distribution of Linux. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger