Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FLAC for Windows


FLAC File
FLAC, short for Free Lossless Audio Codec, is an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless. Thus, audio compressed in FLAC has no loss in quality. With digital storage getting cheaper everyday, it makes sense to copy or preserve sound in the near-perfect quality. I'm compiling FLAC with MinGW because it's needed by some programs I want to build.




  1. I installed MinGW, of course. I also instaled NASM because it was suggested during configure. I just downloaded yasm-1.2.0-win32.exe and renamed it as nasm.exe.



  2. I think it's not necessary, but I compiled zlib and libiconv.



  3. I built OGG.


    ./configure --prefix=/mingw
    make
    make install


  4. Then, I built FLAC.


    ./configure --prefix=/mingw --enable-sse


    The --enable-sse option is for SSE-capable CPU's which mean nearly all new desktop CPU's today. I began make.



    make


    I got errors about SIZE_T_MAX. To fix it, I just changed the line 38 in flac-1.2.1/include/share/alloc.h



    # if defined _MSC_VER || defined __MINGW32__


    I got another error compiling examples/cpp/encode/file/main.cpp. To fix it, I inserted the following line after <stdlib.h> on line 33.



    #include <string.h>


    I got no more error. I installed flac.



    make install



No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to provide a collection of interesting pictures found on the Web. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger